Work for life
We are passionate about equipping young people to take hold of their futures. Our employability programme links with JWEC Essential Employability Skills suite and provides practical projects and frameworks for young people to develop their skills and confidence for the work place.
Our Essential Employability course can be completed in 6- 8 weeks and is designed to be flexible in delivery.
Choose between: Hourly workshops, Half Day sessions or Full day projects
The Essential skills Course accredited topics
|Creative thinking and Problem solving||Ability to reflect and make good decision|
|Planning and organisation||Setting specific goals and targets|
|Creativity and innovation||Develop communication and presentation skills|
|Personal Effectiveness||Identifying Team roles and resolving conflict|
Leading change within their community
Understanding and identifying community need
- Working through problems and finding creative solutions
- Working well with other people
- Planning and delivering their own project
- Evaluating impact and improvement
We make sure every young person is given one to one support. This support is where clear goals can be made enabling individuals to review their progress and take a lead in their own learning. Ownership is integral to learning and is also encouraging for young people to become a positive force for others to say ‘you can do it!’
Enterprise & Entrepreneurship
Students get to hear from real entrepreneurs and become mentored by them throughout their own enterprising project.
This course supplies practical application into the business world by firstly engaging with young people’s ideas and empowering young people with the tools to see their ideas come to life.
- Encouraging creative thinking
- Developing a viable business plan
- Product design and development
- Marketing – What is it and why is it important
- Testing the market – Questionnaires, Focus groups and feedback forms
- Customer service and quality assurance